BlogThis is where I occasionally write things about data analysis and stuff.
- Autocorrelation time estimation — this is one of the trickiest parts of any MCMC analysis
- Continuous integration of academic papers — keeping an up-to-date build of your TeX source using GitHub and Travis
- Fitting a plane to data — with general Gaussian measurement covariances
- Using external C++ functions with PyStan & radial velocity exoplanets — The key feature that was missing from PyStan
- An experiment in open science: exoplanet population inference — Let's see if we can reproduce a paper using only public data!
- The Hack Day at AAS 225 — The wrap-up post from the hack day at the 225th AAS meeting.
- Mixture Models — A practical discussion of mixture models.
- The Histogram (Part 1) — Thousands of words about histograms (part 1).
- Python modules in C — How to roll your own Python modules in C.